Writing a resume can be a bit overwhelming task for you especially if you haven’t done it before. No doubt it is a kind of art and you have to equip yourself with the appropriate knowledge and expertise to write a resume. If you are new to this then you may find several helping tips and hints to craft resume but you must expect yourself to be expert after investing enough time into it.
Most Important Parts of the Resume You Have to Deal With
What to Include
First of all you should know that what information you are supposed to include in your resume and what should you avoid making the part of it. You must know that you have to include your career objective, academic qualification and professional experience.
Structure of The Resume
Structure of the resume has an important function in your professional resume. It gives a suitable look to your resume to present your expertise and skills to your prospective employer. It is used to enfold your qualifications in the best highlighted manner for the employers. Structure of your resume is linked with its format. You may find several formats of professional resumes but you need to use one which should be appealing for the employers. It happens that you look at the resume of some high profile professional and you try copying that format to craft your own. Remember that the one format might not be the appropriate for different levels of professionals.
Do’s and Don’ts
• Never direct the employers and resume reviewers to your personal/social web pages such as on Facebook or twitter.
• Use the most appropriate font size and text format. Avoid using text in different colors apart from black and blue. Highlighting the text wouldn’t be a right approach to attract the resume reviewer. It looks very odd most of the time.
• Never use the abbreviations of names of your educational institutions as well as the names of companies you have been working with. Write the full name of the organizations and institutions.
• Don’t include unnecessary details of your professional experience. Keep it relevant and very brief. Make your statements very clear and understandable for the reader.
• Emphasize on your achievements with your previous employers instead of repeating your job responsibilities.
• Typographical errors will be proved fatal for your job applications because this is an indication that how proficient you are with your writing capabilities.
If you are really struggling to write a professional resume, then you must understand that this is not a Rocket Science and you can do on your own by simply following the tips and hints mentioned here.
Have a happy writing.