Why Software Documentation Is So Important When Building A New Software Package?
Building a new software package will need careful planning. It requires you to have enough knowledge and skills in order to be successful in building particular software. You can never assure to build successful software without taking into account the software documentation.
A software package is primarily referred to the package or the package management system wherein resources and individuals files are packed together wherein certain functionality is provided being part of the larger system. A software package involves multiple packages or separate pieces that need to be built properly and successfully.
Reasons why documentation is important in building software:
- It clarifies business goals, activities and activities—through the documentation, you will be able to share goals and requirements together with your teammates or your managers that will promote clear goals and vision toward the success of a particular activity.
- It specify and design you’re the product—this is through the architectural/design documents, that gives you complete overview of how the product will look like.
- Anyone can work for on other’s code—writing the good codes in not enough, you also need to take care of the documentation part wherein lit will be very helpful to some other developers whose working in a team.
- In software documentation, everything is explained clearly—when making the end-user documentation of particular software, you will have to explain every detail on how it works. The documentation will describe the features of the program that will assist the user in understanding the function of every features of the software.
- The software citations will help toward proper communication—a well-written procedure will definitely make the interaction easy within the other departments. Once the documentation is not written or stated clearly, there is a great possibility that misunderstanding about the process of building the software package arises.
From a programmer’s point of view, it is always necessary to have a reliable documentation. The software documentation will help you keep on track with all the aspects if the application. It also improves the quality of a particular software product.
It is merely focusing on the maintenances, development and knowledge transfer to the other developers. Having a successful documentation will definitely make the information accessible. It can also provide limited number of user entry points, help cut support costs and simplify the product and help the new users to learn quickly. It is also focused on the following components: business rules, server environments, troubleshooting, databases/files, and code deployment and application installation.
If you really want to have built the successful and efficient software package, always make sure that you are paying attention to how the software documentation is being done. For you, it might be just a simple documentation, but to most developers, they can never build new software without the presence of the software documentation. That is why the software documentation is so important when building a new software package. Start documenting each detail for a successful software developing.