Top 10 Places to List Your Business Online
Those days when people flipped through business directories to find the one they wanted are long past. The Internet has made things far easier. To cover all potential customers, here’s where you should be posting your business listings:
1. Google Places for Business
The undisputed king of search engines, Google Places for Business is one online location where you must list your business information.
Benefits of Google listings:
- Registration is easy and free of cost.
- Your business listing will be displayed on Google maps.
- Satisfied customers can leave feedback on your Google+ profile.
2. Bing Places for Business
Do you know that Bing comes second in terms of the most visited search engine in the world? Apart from Google, people usually make a beeline for Bing searches.
Benefits of Bing listings:
- Registration is free, quick, and easy.
- You are allowed to add many business locations simultaneously.
- Apart from business information, other types of content such as photographs and videos can be added.
3. Yahoo! Local Listing
On the Internet today, Yahoo! is the third biggest search engine and is associated with over a million searches every day.
Benefits of Yahoo! listings:
- Business owners can list their business information free of cost in the Basic listing category.
- With a payment of $9.95 every month, you can add information about your company, photos, and many more things.
- If you pay $29.99 per month, you are given a place on more than 40 other directory listings.
Word-of-mouth advertising works well for businesses on Yelp. Consumers can find authentic reviews on this website.
Benefits of Yelp listings:
- In our Yelp account, you can make deals with your customers.
- You can send messages to your customers, either privately or publicly.
- Yelp has a reporting tool wherein you can see the latest business trends.
For small businesses and local businesses, MerchantCircle is ideal. On this online directory, you can connect with local customers and other local companies. Free marketing tools are provided for you to conduct and enrich your business.
Benefits of MerchantCircle listings:
- You can target your audience based on their geographical location.
- You can promote your business listing through advertisements.
- You can create a blog based on your business at this website.
6. Yellow Pages
Another online version of the phone book, Yellow Pages places your business information in an organized pattern. It also provides services like lead generation, online payment, and advertising.
Benefits of yellow pages listings:
- The interface of this website is organized well.
- It displays detailed information about advertisement data.
- It has the advantage of getting over a million searches every day.
7. White Pages
Seen the white pages in a phone book? White Pages is simply an online version of the paper book. Your business information will be distributed to over 200 million people through this website.
Benefits of white pages listings:
- People will find your business information along with 30 million other businesses.
- If you have a premium listing, you can avail of text message services for mobile marketing.
- You can place sponsored advertisements as well.
Superpages.com is an online directory with the advantage of being simple and easy to navigate. The site boasts of some special features such as lottery results, listings of cars for sale, and tips to find business services of every kind.
Benefits of superpages.com listings:
- You get the benefit of local weather listings on the home page.
- You can sign in using your Facebook ID.
- The home page also features popular categories searched by people.
A subsidiary of Hibu Business, yellowbook.com lets you create a business listing on their network that is easily searchable. Each business listing includes a full profile with all the information about the business, product descriptions, a link to your company website, and other features.
Benefits of Yellowbook listings:
- Your business information is available on all the network and partner sites of yellowbook.com.
- You can put up video advertisements and showcase your offerings.
- An interesting feature called a map is included in every listing.
An online directory similar to yellow pages in a telephone directory, YellowBot gives basic information about the location and contact details of businesses. Customers can post online reviews.
Benefits of YellowBot listings:
- You can easily sign in to YellowBot using your profile at Google, Yahoo, Facebook, WindowsLive, or Twitter.
- To manage your account easily, you have the option of using Premium Listings
- You can add tags to your listing that can be identified by search engines.
Start listing your business at online locations that matter and watch it grow just the way you have always envisioned it.