Review of Norton Internet Security 2012
Norton Internet Security (2012) is latest security software program developed by Symantec. The program is packed with many features helpful in protecting your PC from all types of online threats and malware and the basic programs in this award-winning program are anti-spyware, antivirus, antispam and firewall protection.
However, Norton Security isn’t only an online security program. It is developed to also protect your computer from other malicious threats which are not sourced by the Internet. For instance, a lot of external drives, like hard disk drives and flash drives easily carry malware threats like spyware, Trojans and viruses. Many use these devices in order to carry personal information and transfer files, which can be infected, removed or leaked by viruses.
Norton Internet Security released in 2012 has been used and tested by a lot of known test labs. Symantec also submitted the program to AV-Comparatives and AV-Test and the results have been inspiring. In AV-Comparatives test for instance, Norton made it to highest scoring 99.3% beating BitDefender, leading Internet security program, at 99.1%. This test shows that Norton is with a remarkably high protection rate.
Norton Internet Security does have a few disadvantages too and a few of these have held with it for years. However, it still is a leader in its field. Some of its pros and cons are given under:
- Protection for both computer systems and Android mobile phones.
- Provides social media defense on websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- It defends both business and home networks from hackers and intrusions
- Provides a two-way firewall, parental controls, network monitoring and the silent mode.
- Can make a bootable rescue disk that you can use when your PC is infected and you are unable to start Windows.
- The test scores of Norton Internet Security fell a bit short in highest ranked antivirus Software products.