Review of Norton Internet Security 2012
Norton Internet Security released in 2012 has been used and tested by a lot of known test labs. Symantec also submitted the program to AV-Comparatives and AV-Test and the results have been inspiring. In AV-Comparatives test for instance, Norton made it to highest scoring 99.3% beating BitDefender, leading Internet security program, at 99.1%. This test shows that Norton is with a remarkably high protection rate.
Norton Internet Security does have a few disadvantages too and a few of these have held with it for years. However, it still is a leader in its field. Some of its pros and cons are given under:
- Protection for both computer systems and Android mobile phones.
- Provides social media defense on websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- It defends both business and home networks from hackers and intrusions
- Provides a two-way firewall, parental controls, network monitoring and the silent mode.
- Can make a bootable rescue disk that you can use when your PC is infected and you are unable to start Windows.
- The test scores of Norton Internet Security fell a bit short in highest ranked antivirus Software products.